Sunday, September 29, 2013

Three Is A Good Number


Three Is A Good Number

“I wonder how many children will make their way to me,” Mariko wonder to herself.  “Three is a good number.”

~posted in July of 2009 

A Family Affair
I gave this painting to Mariko in 2009, when my sister-in-law announced to our family that she was expecting her first child. She and my brother had been married barely a year and they were living in Shanghai in the house of yet another of my brothers.

My brother and Mariko now have two children. A few months back  while on a different trip here in Hong Kong, the topic was broached about having a third child.  There was a long and affectionate debate weighing the pros and cons.

But the decision was largely made when Mariko pointed up to this painting called Three is a Good Number and said with a slight hint of victory in her voice, “but Da Jie, you predicted we would have three.”

And so now a third is on the way.

Today I am alone in their house painting and I thought Three is a Good Number  needed some repairs.  It is chipped from their many moves.

Update:  the third....Julian Suzuki Brantingham 

2 comments:

  1. This is how my friend Wesley Virgin's story starts with this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" tactics that the CIA and others used to get anything they want.

    These are the EXACT same secrets tons of famous people (notably those who "come out of nothing") and elite business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You probably know that you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this expression has even taken place IN YOUR very own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain 7 years ago, while driving a non-registered, beat-up garbage bucket of a vehicle with a suspended license and with $3 on his bank card.

    "I'm very fed up with living paycheck to paycheck! Why can't I become successful?"

    You took part in those types of questions, isn't it so?

    Your very own success story is going to start. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Take Action Now!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me